Mastering Corporate Communications
Why You Should Attend This Course:
In today’s world of complex internal and external communications needs, and the ever increasing demands of the digital age and morphing target audiences, we need to be better prepared to compete in this demanding and sometimes confusing landscape for the little memory space left in our audiences’ attention-span.
This course will provide an intimate understanding of the Corporate Communications landscape and the elements involved in developing strategies to promote the work of your organisation. Organisations are usually careful to preserve the sensitivities of their clients and the issues they deal with.
The course will offer tools and advice for anyone involved in corporate communications to deal with the balancing act of promoting and protecting the image/ reputation of the organisation, communicating to the internal and external stakeholders, the public, doing media planning and strategies, event management, and using the new digital media for image creation and crisis management.
** Upon completion of this course, participants may progress to attend:
- Have a sound understanding of the general principles governing communications and the role of such a department in any organisation
- Maximising the potential returns of the Corporate Communications department
- Be aware of the different constituent parts of corporate communications that need to come together to make it work for the organisation.
- Brand / Image Positioning
- Develop creative communication skills
- Use Strategic Communications to increase your organisational positioning
- Understand how to use new media and digital communications to amplify your position,
- Have insights into strategies for crisis management
An introduction to Corporate Communications
- Why it is not just PR, it is Strategic Communications
- The Elements of Corporate Communications
- Role of Corporate Communications in an organisation
- Strategic Goal-setting for Corporate Communications
- Organising the department
- Target Audience
- Forms – the Newsletter, e-mail updates, internal meetings
- Elements of internal communications
- Different Types of Coverage – magazines, news media, new media
- Elements to external communications
Dealing with the Media and Stakeholders
- Different Forms of News Media
- The Strategic Approach
- Press Releases
- Damage Control
- Bad PR
- What is a successful event?
- PR events and/or Message
- Dealing with Partners
Course participants will be expected to develop a media strategy at the end of the course. This is an interactive course and participants will be expected to carry out some hands-on tasks.
Who Can Benefit?
For all Communicators, marketing executives/managers and those without much experience in this field. Designed for participants who want a basic understanding of corporate communications and how to harness its power for the organisation.
Gregory Tan is a 36 year veteran in the Strategic Communications and Public Relations Industry. He has handled a wide variety of communications issues and clients. In addition of running his own consultancy, he also lectures at the NTU Wee Kim Wee School of Communications and Information teaching undergraduate and Master classes. He also teaches at NUS and several other international Universities like the University of Newcastle and Murdoch University. He was also a consultant with two of the world’s top PR consultancies, Ogilvy & Mather PR and Burson Masteller PR.
Gregory is a Past President and a Fellow of the Institute of PR of Singapore as well as the former Chairman of the Federation of ASEAN PR Organisations (FAPRO). He was the Education Chair of IPRS where he revamped the PR Certificate Course and introduced the Diploma and undergraduate and Graduate courses for the PR Industry.
He has worked with government organisations like MOE, PUB, and MINDEF on courses in PR and Crisis Communications. He has worked with companies like Levis, Siemens Nixdorf, Boston Scientific, GSK, DuPont, British American Tobacco amongst others have for both training and Strategic Communication Consultancy.
A leading expert in local and international PR- Strategic Communications, Gregory has also travelled extensively both in the region as well as in Europe and the States to give talks and help official bodies build-up their communication skills. A firm believer in the power of positive communications, he has helped many companies overcome their internal and external communication issues and problems.
Gregory has worked in the banking, conference, publishing, ship-repairing, property, beer, soft-drinks and PR consultancy industries as Manager and Consultant. He was also the Editor for two international trade magazines.
08 - 09 Jun 2021
- Time: 9am - 5pm
- SDF Available (Non-WSQ) Code: CRS-N-0022566
- SkillsFuture Credit eligible
- MIS Member enjoy 20% Discount
- Register for 5 or more participants to enjoy 5% Group Discount