The Leader as a Coach VIRTUAL LEARNING
Why You Should Attend This Course:
There can be no doubt that coaching is one of the most important skills of a leader. Yet despite this fact, many leaders do not know the difference between coaching, mentoring and instructing.
The goal of coaching is to help others make positive changes in the way they work, and take the necessary action to implement those changes
In this highly participative 2-day workshop, we will explore how coaching is applied to leadership to gain buy-in and commitment, whilst building self-reliance at the same time.
- Understand coaching and principals of coaching
- Demonstrate how to ask and craft well thought out and structured questions
- Identify triggers and connect with the coachee
- Apply the GROW coaching model
- Understand the principles of coaching, and the difference between instructing, coaching and mentoring
- Learn how coaching can be used for developing others, gaining buy-in and commitment, solving problems and motivating others
- Learn how to structure and ask powerful coaching questions that elicit in-depth thought and self-reflection
- Learn how to apply the GROW model (or process); one of, if not, the most widely practiced coaching frameworks in the world today.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is designed for department heads, sales managers, team leads and anyone responsible for managing people.
Jim Livingstone is a highly energetic and sought-after public speaker, corporate trainer and executive coach. With a passion for customer service, sales and leadership development, Jim has worked with some of the biggest and best service and sales organisations in the world to recognise and develop these areas. Jim believes that customer service, sales and leadership are interdependent competencies. If you want to be a successful sales/service organisation, you can't have one without the other two contributing elements.
With a career that started in retail, Jim has over 25 years experience developing high-performance people, and has held a variety of senior management, sales, business development and marketing related positions. Jim believes that training is critical to developing potential, and that when expertly designed and delivered, can power business performance and corporate growth.
He has developed and delivered training solutions for numerous world-class organisations, including AT&T, Bata Brands, Cable & Wireless, Fairfax Business Media, Jurong Port, StarHub, Sheraton Group, ST Engineering and the ST Group to name but a few.
- Time: 9am - 5pm
- MIS Member enjoy 20% Discount
- Register for 5 or more participants to enjoy 5% Group Discount