From Data to Signs - Infographics Essentials VIRTUAL LEARNING
Why You Should Attend This Course:
This course will develop your ability to simplify complex data information into aesthetic forms. From Ideation to implementation, you will get to experience the design process and produce interesting visual content using graphic elements.
Through software usage, you will learn how to create effective visual representations to engage your target audience.
Note: Participants are required to bring laptop for hands on exercises. Instructions on software will be provided during the course.
- Key techniques in converting complex data into a visual representation
- Adopt different graphic elements to produce interesting visual content
- Experience the design process through the usage of appropriate software to create an effective infographic
- Understanding Sign - Study the basic concept what is the definition of sign, signifiers and signifies.
- The Design Process - The design stages which started from research to production.
- Readability & Legibility - Understanding typography treatment and hierarchy.
- Visual Storytelling with Infographic - Different categories of infographic approach
- Case Studies – Understanding different types of infographic and it’s functions
- Ideation & Planning – participants are required to brainstorm, demonstrate and discuss the concept for their final piece
- Execution - using software to implement and produce the final outcome
Who Will Benefit?
Office Executives, Design Interest Personnel, Sales Representative, Marketer or anyone who wants to master the art of using infographics to engage and interact with the audience.
Chris Seow has 15 years of graphic designing experience and is currently the Design Consultant for Modular, a local design firm whose portfolio include clienteles such as Starbuck, Heavenly Rice, Makansutra, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, Changi Beach Club, Singapura Finance and Eighteenchefs.
Aside from his consulting work at Modular, Chris is also a part-time lecturer with SIM, Singapore Polytechnic, Becon International and First Media Design School for their diploma/degree programmes on topics relating to Communication Design, Visual Communication & Media Design, Brand Technic and Studio Photography.
Chris holds a Master of Communication Design, Bachelor of Graphic Design and Associate Diploma of Applied Design, all conferred by the prestigious Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (Melbourne, Australia).
- Time: 9am - 5pm
- MIS Member enjoy 20% Discount
- Register for 5 or more participants to enjoy 5% Group Discount