Econsultancy: Content Marketing for Web, Mobile & Social Media
A 2-day course covering the principles of content marketing for online and mobile channels and a practical approach to develop a sustainable content marketing strategy.
- Intensive 2-day course covering world-class frameworks, templates and case studies on content marketing strategies
- Learn how to move beyond advertising to engaging with prospects and customers using the right content at the right time
Why You Should Attend This Course:
Brands are increasingly turning to content driven marketing strategies to gain marketplace attention and increase customer engagement in a multi-channel environment. For your marketing to be effective in 2015 and beyond, you will need to provide content that's useful to your customers and that advances your business objectives in a measurable way. It is also vital to create high engagement by building and maintaining a community around your content.
The discipline of content marketing provides the framework for ensuring that your content delivers on these essential requirements across all relevant traditional and digital platforms. In addition to covering the basic principles of content marketing, this 2-day course seeks to address the challenges of marketers in developing a content strategy and help marketers create a realistic and sustainable content plan.
Note: Participants are required to bring laptop for hands on exercises
- Understand the basic principles of content marketing and how it fits into the overall marketing mix
- Understand the shift in approach from interruptive advertising to branded content
- Learn to research and understand your audience, and create compelling content to the right target audience at the right time and place
- Understand the customer decision journey and context to infuse the right content
- Use world-class frameworks to create your content strategy and plans
- Learn how to measure the success of your content marketing plans
Module 1 – Introduction to Content Marketing
- What is Content Marketing?
- The role of content marketing in a multi-channel marketing world
- The shift from selling to educating and entertaining – content as marketing
- Content in relation to the 6Ps of marketing: people, product, pricing, promotion, place, packaging
Module 2 – Business Objectives and User-Centred Content
- Understanding your business objectives for content marketing
- Researching your audience – what are their goals and objectives
- Identifying key user journeys and touch points, and creating compelling content for your target segments at the right time and right place
- Exercise: planning a clear business objectives for content marketing
Module 3 – Brand Storytelling and Branded Content
- The concept of the Uninvited Brand
- Content marketing starts with a great story
- Brand storytelling – the role of branding and the concept of storytelling
- Branded content vs. traditional advertising approach
Module 4 – Content Marketing for Multiple Online and Traditional Channels, Devices and Context
- Planning an effective content strategy across traditional channels, online media, social media and mobile
- Channel considerations – platforms, sizes, formats, time of day
- Integrated marketing approach for distributing content across traditional and new digital channels
Module 5 – Content Marketing Strategy
- The Content Grid framework and other approaches
- The 5 Ss of content marketing (Searchable, Shareable, Sustainable, Specialist, Supportive)
- Planning for content creation, scheduling and management
Module 6 – The Challenges and Considerations in Content Marketing
- Your limited resources – outsourcing or in-house
- Planning your content marketing budget
- How to successfully co-ordinate across different departments (PR, Marketing, IT, Sales etc.)
Module 7 – Measuring Success, KPIs and ROI
- Are your content marketing plans supporting your business objectives?
- Measuring success – analytics and KPIs
- Hard vs. soft metrics, long term vs. short term metrics
Module 8 – Special Content Marketing Topic – Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- SEO and content marketing
- On-page search engine optimisation: researching and using keywords
- Off-page search engine optimisation: link building and PR
Module 9 – Special Content Marketing Topic – Social Media and Social Web
- The impact of social media on marketing and PR
- Key channels: Facebook, Twitter, blogs, YouTube and others
- Principles for increasing engagement and driving results on social media
- Building the right profile and increasing followers, friends and contacts
Module 10 – Conclusions and Action Plans
- Building a realistic, sustainable and effective content marketing strategy
- The future trends
- Inspirational content marketing case studies
Who Will Benefit?
Marketers, senior managers, communications professionals and business owners who want to understand the impact of content marketing on their business.
Eu Gene Ang is the Lead Trainer in Asia for Econsultancy and has trained over 3,000 participants in digital marketing courses and seminars across Asia. He provides digital marketing training and consulting for global clients like American Express, Gucci, Standard Chartered, Volkswagen, TripAdvisor, Sanofi, and regional firms like SPH, Maybank, OCBC, Media Prima, Resorts World Sentosa, Great Eastern and SingTel among many others. Eu Gene also lectures digital marketing in the MBA programme at the National University of Singapore (NUS).
Eu Gene has 21 years experience in marketing, and has worked in top global firms like 3M, FedEx and DHL in various senior sales and marketing roles. He is also one of the few certified Google Regional Trainer that trains the official Google AdWords and Analytics courses. Eu Gene also leads the regional trainer team for the Certificate in Digital Marketing (powered by Econsultancy) programme organised by the Association of Accredited Advertising Agents Singapore (4As Singapore) and supported by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA).
Eu Gene previously founded and managed an award-winning boutique digital marketing agency based in Singapore. He is also a highly sought-after trainer and speaker, and has delivered keynote speeches and workshops at the National Sales & Marketing Congress Singapore, Econsultancy's Digital Cream, Yahoo! Purple Workshop, Digital Outlook workshop, Google Classroom, and many others.
Eu Gene holds a Master In Business Administration (MBA), Marketing, from the Nanyang Technological University, and Bachelor in Business Administration (Marketing), BBA (1st Class Honours) from the National University of Singapore. He held 3 scholarships from the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS), Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce Foundation and the Public Service Commission (PSC) of Singapore. He was also awarded the Harvard Club Gold Medal, Toh Chin Chye Book Prize and the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) Book Prize for graduating as the top Honours student. He is also a Google AdWords Qualified Individual, certified in Advanced Search Engine Marketing and a certified Regional Trainer for Google Partner Academy.
FREE Credits to download three (3) Econsultancy's reports, which includes Best Practice Guides, Power Template Packs, Internet Stats Compendium, Trend Reports etc, worth USD2,685.
Econsultancy's mission is to help customers achieve excellence in digital business, marketing and ecommerce through research, training and events. Founded in 1999, Econsultancy has offices in New York, London, Singapore, and is used by over 600,000 professionals every month.
Subscribers get access to research, market data, best practice guides, case studies and e-learning – all focused on helping individuals and enterprises get better at digital. The subscription offering is supported by digital transformation services which include capability programs, training courses, skills assessments and audits.
Econsultancy trains and develops thousands of professionals each year as well as host events and networking that bring the Econsultancy community together around the world.
Remarks: UTAP Funding available for NTUC Members
01 - 02 Mar 2018
21 - 22 May 2018
01 - 02 Aug 2018
19 - 20 Nov 2018
- Time: 9am - 5pm
- SDF Available (Non-WSQ) Code: CRS-N-0029831
- SkillsFuture Credit eligible
- MIS Member enjoy 20% Discount
- Register for 3 or more participants to enjoy 5% Group Discount
- Register 30 days before course start date to enjoy 10% Early Bird Discount
- UTAP Funding Available NTUC Members only. T&C